FremantleMedia Australia (FMA) is the country’s market leader in the creation and production of entertainment brands. FMA produces some of the country’s most viewed, most talked about and highly respected programs. FMA is also the market leader in the creation and production of digital media content, and represents licensing in the territory for CBS.
** Please note this position has now been filled **
FremantleMedia Kids & Family Entertainment (FMK) is a worldwide leader in the family entertainment business. Its portfolio of content spans across four key genres: preschool, kids comedy, action/adventure and tween/teen fare.
We are currently seeking a passionate part time Director, Consumer Products to join our team for a 12 month fixed-term Maternity Cover. This position will dual report to the EVP, Media & Brand Licensing – Australia & New Zealand, and the SVP Global Brand Management, FM Kids & Family Entertainment.
Brand Portfolio Responsibilities
- FremantleMedia Australia & New Zealand (FMA): Including Family Feud, Grand Designs, Neighbours, American Gods, Wentworth, Picnic at Hanging Rock, Baywatch
- FremantleMedia Kids & Family (FMK): Including Danger Mouse, Tree Fu Tom, Bitz & Bob, Kate & Mim-Mim, Danger Mouse Classic
- CBS: Including Star Trek, Next Top Model, Happy Days, Charmed, MacGyver, Beverly Hills 90210
- To be the region’s primary deal maker and project manager for all consumer products categories
- Achieve budget goals and, manage the internal budget process including quarterly forecast updates and annual budgeting.
- Fully manage licensing deals from start to finish including concept, pitch to market, commercial negotiations, client meetings, completion of deal memos, approvals, checking of legal agreements, execution of agreements.
- Foster and maintain relationships with key retailers, and local broadcasters in conjunction with FMA & FMK distribution teams.
- Support FMA Production & Development with ideas and licensed product brand strategy, from program pitch phase to 3 year brand planning.
- Work with internal Legal regarding the creation of licensee agreements and deal memos and subsequent transfer to contract.
- Develop current and new business, and prospect new clients, including preparing presentation materials for pitches, meetings and present to current and new licensees and retailers.
- Maintain relevant databases of brand activity by territory. Attend relevant trade fairs both internationally and locally
- Work with PR teams/agencies as required and support the London-based FMK brand team
- Manage negotiations & reporting to broadcasters
- Creating product roll out strategies in conjunction with Brand Partnerships team and global teams
Essential Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years experience working within the licensing industry, working across a range of TV & entertainment brands, including children’s brands.
- Demonstrable experience of working across consumer products and retail.
- Experienced in pitching brands and products to licensees.
- A proven track record of quickly establishing constructive relationships. Able to demonstrate excellent contacts and able to build relationships within the industry (including retail buyers, manufacturers and broadcasters).
- Experience in negotiating, agreeing commercial terms and closing deals.
- Maturity and experience to manage creative idea sessions or pull together with senior team members in digital, consumer products, development, production and design for driving your portfolio forward.
- Outstanding sales and pitching skills.
- Confidence and outstanding presentation skills.
- Organised and able to manage multiple projects.
- Budget management experience.
- Collaborative within the company across business lines and roles.
- Internal communicator and relationship builder.
- Strong attention to detail and numeracy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communicator.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, Intermediate level for all other Microsoft Office packages.
This maternity cover position offers a challenging and exciting career with the opportunity to work in one of the best production and content companies in the world. If you believe you’ve got what it takes, please email your application including a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 12th May 2017.