Japanese Inspired Fashion-forward Dolls by Hunter Products to Launch Exclusively at Toys“R”Us® U.S. Stores This Holiday Season
Shibajuku Girls, the adorable, fashion-forward dolls inspired by Japanese culture, are making their first-ever appearance in the U.S. exclusively at all Toys“R”Us® stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com beginning in December. Mixing the electric Japanese pop culture style and Harajuku fashion, Shibajuku Girls have soft delicate details and innocent features, with a unique design and creative edge.
Each doll has their own personality and is styled from head to toe with eclectic hair colors, on-trend outfits and four quirky hair accessories. Shibajuku Girls are the perfect fashion friend with matching accessories, so stylish kids can rock the Shibajuku look, too. Harajuku fashion is inspired by the surrounding area of Tokyo’s Harajuku station. This location is referred to as a trendsetting fashion paradise with the best boutiques and coolest styles. Harajuku style is about mixing and matching with bold colors and designs, by layering clothing with customized pieces and accessories that are wild, loud and sparkly.
The series one collection, includes five dolls:
- Shizuka – She is quiet, smart, kind and super shy! She has two different colored eyes and loves to accessorize with toys. Shizuka dreams of one day becoming a fashion designer.
- Suki – Rocks purple and blue hair and an outfit that has every colour of the rainbow in it! There is no such thing as “too much” when it comes to food and accessories!
- Namika – A true lover of books, especially anything science-related. She is willing to help any friend with homework and loves to accessorize with sparkles!
- Koe – An animal lover with long blonde hair, who loves to accessorize from head to toe with anything animal related.
- Yoko – With her all black attire, and her half pink and half purple hair, she is a superstar guitar player who dreams of one day becoming a writer. She loves to style herself with edgy accessories.
“Shibajuku Girls are more than just another typical doll. They represent and educate people all around the world about the unique Harajuku style and culture inspired by some of Japan’s most fashion-forward districts, such as Shibuya and Harajuku,” said Madeleine Hunter, Product Manager, Hunter Products Pty. Ltd. “We created a doll that is a true fashion icon, an adorable friend with a unique personality and is the perfect addition to any doll collection!”
Shibajuku Girls have unique features that are not found in an average doll. They stand at 13-inches tall with a fully posable body. Their glass eyes, which are surrounded by real full and luscious eye lashes, catch the light better and make them look far more realistic than the average acrylic or painted eyes.
“We cannot wait to see how American fans and Toys“R”Us customers will immerse themselves into the Harajuku style. We plan to build Shibajuku Girls to become more of a brand rather than just a doll,” said Hunter.
Shibajuku Girls will be available beginning in December, exclusively at all Toys“R”Us stores across the country and online at Toysrus.com. Manufacturer’s suggested retail price starts at $29.99.
Additional Shibajuku Girls will be joining the collection in Spring 2017. For more information and to create your own fashion look please visit us at: shibajuku.com